Premises Liability Attorney
Get Help From a Massachusetts Premises Liability Attorney Today
Businesses and residential property owners have a legal responsibility to ensure that their premises are reasonably safe and secure for customers and other guests. Sadly, they do not always live up to this obligation. Premises liability claims are complicated, often involving difficult questions of liability and the application of building and safety codes. Furthermore, premises liability law is constantly evolving. As an experienced Massachusetts premises liability attorney, I help injured victims get justice, accountability, and the compensation that they need to pay their bills. If you were hurt due to the negligence of a business or residential property owner, you deserve and require professional representation. To set up your free, fully confidential consultation, please contact my Boston law office today.
I Handle the Full Range of Premises Liability Claims in Massachusetts
As the founding attorney of Michaud Law LLC, I personally handle the full range of premises liability claims in Massachusetts. No matter the cause of your accident or the severity of your injuries, I am ready to take immediate action to protect your rights. Among other types of premises liability cases, I can help with you:
- Slip and fall accident claims;
- Inadequate property maintenance claims;
- Dangerous condition claims;
- Dog bite injuries; and
- Negligent security claims.
An Overview of the Massachusetts Premises Liability Laws
Premises liability is an area of law whereby a property owner or occupier can be held legally responsible for certain injuries that occur on their premises. With extensive experience representing injured victims, I have developed a deep knowledge of Massachusetts premises liability laws. Here are three key things that you need to know about the premises liability laws in Massachusetts:
- These are Negligence Claims: In Massachusetts, a property owner is not automatically legally liable for every accident and injury that occurs on its premises. However, Massachusetts imposes a duty of reasonable care on both commercial and residential property owners. This means that they must take steps to adequately address dangers and hazards on their property before they cause harm to a lawful visitor. Essentially, a premises liability lawsuit is a negligence claim. Generally speaking, the injured victim must prove that the property owner owed them a duty of care, and that they breached that duty by causing an unsafe condition to exist on the property which caused injury. As an example, imagine that you were hurt in a slip and fall accident at a Boston, Massachusetts grocery store. The store can be held liable for your injuries if the slip and fall occurred because of a safety defect. If you slipped because employees failed to clean up a spill in a timely manner, the store may be liable for negligence. I am prepared to comprehensively investigate your accident to gather all of the evidence you need to prove negligence.
- A Three-Year Statute of Limitations: In Massachusetts, premises liability claims are subject to a three-year statute of limitations. With very few exceptions, you must initiate any legal claim against a property owner within three years of the accident. Do not wait to get started with your case. An accident should be reported right away. An immediate investigation will help you ensure that all relevant evidence is secured.
- Property Owners Will Raise Defenses: Businesses, property owners, and their commercial insurance companies will look for any defense that they can find to try to reduce or deny their culpability. For example, a business or property owner may assert that an injured victim is partially or fully responsible for their own accident. I help my clients anticipate all potential legal defenses so that they are in the best position to maximize their financial recovery.
You Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation for Your Injuries
The negligence of a Massachusetts business or property owner can cause serious injuries to an innocent person. Following an accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for the full extent of your damages. Sadly, the property insurance companies that take charge of defending most premises liability claims do not make the recovery process easy. As a Massachusetts premises liability attorney with extensive experience representing injured victims, I am ready to take aggressive action to maximize your financial compensation. You may generally recover for:
- Ambulance costs and emergency room care;
- Medical bills and related out-of-pocket expenses;
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitative treatment;
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long term disability and/or permanent impairment; and
- Wrongful death.
Schedule a Free Premises Liability Consultation Today
At Michaud Law LLC, I am committed to providing personalized, results-focused legal representation to injured victims and their families. I will protect your rights and help you get the financial compensation you need to pay your medical bills and support your family. If you were hurt while on another person’s property, you deserve justice and compensation for your injuries. Call us today for a free, no obligation review and evaluation for your case. I handle premises liability in Boston and throughout the Commonwealth in Massachusetts.