Construction Site Accident Attorney
Injured in an Accident at a Construction Site? We are Here to Help You Get Justice and Compensation
A construction site can be a chaotic and dangerous place. As the risks are well-known, construction companies, contractors, subcontractors, architects, developers, and property owners have a legal duty to take proper safety precautions. When they fail to do so, they put innocent people in harm’s way. It’s important to note that each contactor at the jobsite has their own personnel, materials, and duties to perform. Each contractor is usually covered by their own insurance policy. Discovering who is responsible for the accident, and which party or parties the injured worker can recover from is often a complex and time-consuming process. Construction site cases require an understanding of insurance contracts, construction contracts, and state and federal safety regulations.
As an experienced Massachusetts construction site accident lawyer, I work tirelessly to help victims and their families get justice, accountability, and financial compensation. Call my Boston law office today for a free, no obligation review and evaluation of your case.
What to Do After a Construction Site Accident in Massachusetts
Construction accident claims are complicated. If you or someone you know was harmed in a construction accident, it is essential that you know how to protect your rights. Here are four steps to take after a construction accident in Massachusetts:
- Seek Professional Medical Care: All construction accident injuries require immediate medical attention, and often a long period of rehabilitation. It is important to be diligent and compliant with your medical care after an accident, both for your own health and well-being, and to document and relate your injuries to the accident. Insurance companies are looking for any excuse to deny or minimize the value of claims. One of the ways they do that is to point to delayed medical treatment or missed doctor visits, even if the injured party has a valid reason.
- Report the Accident to the Appropriate Parties: Construction site accidents should be reported to the appropriate parties. You should notify the property owner, the responsible company, and any other party that is implicated in the accident. If you are not sure how to report a construction accident, call an attorney for help.
- Document the Construction Accident: Apart from workers’ compensation claims, construction site accidents are fault-based legal cases. You need evidence that helps to establish how and why the accident happened.
- Consult With a Personal Injury Lawyer: You do not have to go up against big construction companies, contractors, sub-contractors, large property developers, or their insurers alone. An experienced Massachusetts construction accident attorney will help you navigate the claims process.
An Overview of Construction Site Accident & Injury Laws in Massachusetts
Modern construction projects are complicated and heavily regulated. At large construction sites, there are often multiple different companies working side-by-side to complete the project. For this and other reasons, navigating the construction accident claims process can be challenging for injured victims. Here, are three important things to know about the construction site accident laws in Massachusetts:
- A Workers’ Comp Claim is the Sole Remedy for Workers Against their Employer: In Massachusetts, construction companies are required to provide no-fault workers’ comp benefits to their employees. If you were hurt while working on a construction site, your sole legal remedy against your employer is generally a workers’ compensation claim. You are not required to prove “fault” in order to recover workers’ comp benefits for medical care and wage replacement.
- An Injured Construction Worker Has the Right to File a Third-Party Liability Claim: Although a workers’ compensation claim is generally your sole remedy against your own employer, you retain the right to file a construction accident injury lawsuit against any other party that caused your accident through negligence. These types of cases are known as third-party liability claims. You may have a claim against another construction company, a subcontractor, a developer, a property owner, or an equipment manufacturer.
- Non-Employees Can Hold All Negligent Parties Legally Liable: In some cases, people other than employees are injured due to construction site accidents. If you were hurt as a non-worker, you have the right to hold all negligent parties liable.
- Construction Site Safety Violations: Accidents at construction sites are frequently caused by contractors and other entities failing to follow laws which are designed to reduce workplace injuries. These violations could be anything from failing to provide fall protection equipment, failing to follow lockout/tagout procedures, or failing to provide hazard communications. Often these cases will require expert testimony to show that your injury was caused by a contractor’s failure to follow applicable laws. Thus, it is crucial to obtain an experienced construction site accident attorney as early as possible in the process.
Construction Site Accident Victims Deserve Financial Compensation
Following a serious injury on a construction site, you need money to pay your bills and support the people you care about most. Yet, construction site accident claims are complex, and navigating the legal claims process is never easy. As a top-rated Massachusetts construction accident lawyer, I help people and families maximize their financial recovery. I know how to hold construction contractors and large insurance companies accountable. You may be eligible to recover compensation for:
- Property losses;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills;
- Rehabilitative care;
- Lost wages;
- Future earnings impairment;
- Pain and suffering;
- Permanent scarring;
- Long term disability; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Call Our Massachusetts Construction Site Accident Lawyer Today
At Michaud Law LLC, we work tirelessly to protect the legal rights and financial interests of injured victims and their families. As a top-rated Massachusetts construction accident lawyer, I am ready to get you secure justice and financial compensation. Call my Boston law office today to set up your free, no obligation initial legal consultation. My law firm handles construction site accident claims throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.