Motorcycle Accidents Attorney
Get Help From a Top-Rated Massachusetts Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accident claims are complex. As an experienced Massachusetts motorcycle accident lawyer, I have the unique skills and legal knowledge needed to help injured victims get justice and full financial compensation. If you or someone you know was hurt in a motorcycle collision, I am more than ready to get started on the case. Negligent drivers and large insurance companies must be held accountable. Call my Boston law office today to schedule your free, no obligation legal consultation.
Know the Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident in Massachusetts
Were you hurt in a motorcycle accident in Massachusetts? If so, it is imperative that you take immediate action to protect your health, safety, legal rights, and financial interests. Here are four steps to take after a motorcycle accident:
- Get Medical Attention: All motorcycle accident injuries require immediate medical attention. Your health and well-being always come first and you may be more severely injured than you realize. Adrenaline produced by the body immediately after an accident can mask pain, while other injuries could have a delayed onset – which means that the injured party does not show symptoms of the injury at the accident scene. Delayed onset injuries can include whiplash, abdominal injuries, and back injuries such as herniated discs.
- Report the Motorcycle Wreck: In Massachusetts, all motorcycle accidents that result in physical injuries or significant property damage must be reported to law enforcement. It is in your best interest to make sure that your crash is reported to the police.
- Document the Crash: A serious motorcycle accident is a fault-based legal case. The more evidence that you have, the better position you will be in to prove liability and recover compensation. Get contact information for the other drivers involved in the crash, take pictures, and secure any other relevant details.
- Get Professional Legal Help: The big insurance companies are not on your side. It is not in your best interest to give a recorded statement directly to an insurance adjuster. Protect your rights by hiring an experienced Massachusetts motorcycle accident attorney.
What to Know About the Motorcycle Accident Laws in Massachusetts
Motorcyclists are in an inherently vulnerable position. As motorcycles have limited crash protection, riders are injured in a high percentage of crashes. One study cited by the United States Department of Transportation found that motorcyclists are hurt in nearly 80 percent of all motorcycle accidents reported nationwide. Here are three key things to understand about the motorcycle accident laws in Massachusetts:
- A Three Year Statute of Limitations for Motorcycle Accident Injury Claims: You must file a motorcycle accident injury claim within three years of the date of the crash. Failure to do so is a violation of the statute of limitations and could prevent you from recovering the compensation that you deserve. Do not wait to get started: Call a Boston, MA motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible after a crash.
- A No-Fault Standard of Liability (But Only for Minor/Moderate Collisions): Massachusetts uses a no-fault standard of liability for minor and moderate motor vehicle collisions, including motorcycle accidents. If you sustained less than $2,000 in medical bills in the crash, with some exceptions, your claim will be dealt with in the no-fault system and you will not be able to file suit. However, if you sustained more than $2,000 in reasonable medical costs, you may be able to step beyond the no-fault system and file a claim directly against the at-fault party.
- Comparative Negligence and Motorcycle Accident Claims: Massachusetts uses a comparative negligence system for motorcycle accidents. If you are found to be at fault up to 50%, then your damages would be reduced by your percentage of fault. If you are found to be more than 50% at fault, then you cannot recover. This is one of the many reasons why should retain an experienced Massachusetts motorcycle accident attorney in order to protect you from an unjust finding of fault.
Injured Motorcyclists Deserve Full and Fair Financial Compensation
Motorcycle accident claims are notoriously complex. The aftermath of a serious accident can be confusing and overwhelming. You need to know how to navigate the legal claims process—so that you are able to secure the financial compensation that you need to pay your bills and support your family. Sadly, large insurance companies do not make the claims process easy for people and families in Massachusetts. As a top-rated Boston motorcycle accident lawyer, I know how to help injured victims maximize their recovery. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Motorcycle repairs or motorcycle replacement;
- Emergency medical treatment;
- Hospital bills and related medical expenses;
- Physical therapy;
- Mental health support;
- Lost wages;
- Future earnings impairment;
- Pain and suffering;
- Disfiguring injuries, such as loss of limb; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Contact Our Massachusetts Motorcycle Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
At Michaud Law LLC, we are strong, aggressive advocates for motorcycle accident victims. If you or your family member was hurt in a motorcycle wreck, I am here to help you navigate the personal injury claims process. Contact my Boston law office today for a no cost, no obligation initial consultation. We handle motorcycle accident injury claims throughout Massachusetts.